Friday, January 22, 2010

Newest Obsession

It is known to you all by now that I love me my shows and movies. If I miss a show I am online the next day watching it, and I go to the movie theaters A LOT. I have many different favorites and they range in many different genres. I like movies such as Pride and Prejudice, but I can turn around a love a movie like Gladiator. I am the same way with my television shows, I can love something funny and campy like Glee, but then I love the drama of Grey's Anatomy. All very different shows, and I think they are all very good. Recently, I came across a show that I think may blow them all out of the water, and may be the king of all the shows for me. That show is Spartacus: Blood and Sand.


The show is about a man who is forced from his home, who becomes a slave, and is then thrust into the arena as a gladiator in ancient rome. The main character is Spartacus, played by Andy Whitfield, who is based on the historical Spartacus. In addition, we also have veteran actors Lucy Lawless and John Hannah, who play his masters Lucretia and Batiatus.



The buzz on this show is that it is great. It has been renewed for a second season, and the first season doesn't even premiere until tonight! It is being advertised as the "boldest" show on t.v. This basically means it supposed to have more sex, and blood than any other show on t.v. I like to think this show is a mixture of Spartacus (the 1960 movie), Gladiator, 300, and the HBO show Rome. All shows and movies I really like.



Not only do I love historical anythings, but I love me my action too. So, as you can see, this show seems made just for me. Spartacus: Blood and Sand premieres tonight at 10pm on Starz.

1 comment:

  1. This should be interesting! I tagged u on my blog today come check it out!

    ReplyDelete