Monday, January 18, 2010

Hottie Of The Month: January

Well hello there loving readers! I am so sorry that I have not written a new post in such a long time (nearly a month!). I have had some writer's block and I just can't seem to find anything exciting or interesting to write about lately. Luckily, I remembered my hottie of the month. What a travesty that would have been to go an entire month without some new eye candy? I know, it would have been devastating! Even though there is not much of January left, I decided that I had to stay faithful and give you all the January hottie of the month. So, for the month of January, the hottie is: Richard Armitage.



I first discovered who Richard Armitage was when I began watching the BBC version of Robin Hood where he played Guy of Gisborne, the right hand man of the Sheriff of Nottingham. Initially, I had my sights set on Robin. Robin was the main character and the lead. Young and dashing, I instantly took a liking to him. But, I began to go further and further into the Robin Hood story line and Guy of Gisborne slowly, but surely, began to appeal to me. At first he was this ruthless murderer who did anything that the Sheriff said. Eventually, he began to show his true colors. He was a kind, lost person, who just felt he had no one else but the Sheriff. Suddenly, all my attention was on Guy of Gisborne, and I just wanted more and more scenes with him in it. It seemed to me that I was hooked.




I must admit, I wasn't completely convinced about Richard Armitage. Yes, he entertained me in Robin Hood, and I found myself strangely attracted to the bad guy (I usually like the nice ones). But, that all changed one fateful day in November...


I am a loyal member of Netflix and I especially love the instant movies you can get on your computer. One day while browsing, I came across a British tv serial (or as we call it, a mini-series) titled North & South. I was intrigued so I decided to watch it. While watching, I realized that the male lead was played by Richard Armitage! I had no idea. I thought this was a great treat. Before I knew it...I was absolutely blown away and completely smitten with Richard Armitage. His character, John Thornton, was just mesmerizing. He was cold and had a temper, but inside he was sincere and loving. At that moment I knew it was all over for me...I was enthralled by Richard Armitage.




Well folks, that is the rollercoaster that I have been on with Richard Armitage and it hasn't even ended! I watched more and more things with him in it such as the 2006 christmas special of The Vicar of Dibley. Everything he has been in has just been amazing and I can't seem to get enough of him. Those beautiful piercing blue eyes have my heart all a flutter. I believe he has potential to be another famous British leading man. This love affair I have with Richard Armitage is just beginning, and I can't wait to see what else he has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment