

I used to be absolutely obsessed with Russell Crowe. He was my number 1. I first began to like him after seeing him in one of my all-time favorite movies, Gladiator. With Gladiator came a lot of fame and even an Academy Award. No one could play Maximus Decimus Meridius like Russell could play him. I mean, when Maximus yells "Are you not entertained!", I think we all yelled back "Yes we are!!" At least I did...
After Gladiator came A Beautiful Mind. Another exceptional movie that helped him receive his 3rd Academy Award nomination. Unfortunately, he lost unfairly to Denzel Washington for his role in Training Day (yes, I am still a bit bitter about that). At this time, Russell was at the top of his game. But, after a phone incident, that I do not wish to discuss, Russell's star seemed to fade.
But finally, after several movies that don't quite measure up to the old Russell Crowe movies (trust me, I've seen most), I think he may back! Russell is set to star in a new remake of Robin Hood with his Gladiator director, Ridley Scott. You may have already heard of this movie coming out, but I would just like to say how excited I am about it! I think this is just up Russell and Ridley's alley. A big budget drama. The movie seems to have so much promise, and I ecsatic for it to come out May 14, 2010. Hopefully, this will help Russell get back to the top, and get him another Academy Award nomination. All I know is that I've missed Russell Crowe and I'm glad he's back.
Pictures from Zimbio








gotta love robin hood.
ReplyDelete